home  about outfits contact shop my instagram
 fb twitter pin ig tumblr

nav menu

December 16, 2010

Peg Bundy would be proud


Anyone who grew up in the late 80s and early 90s (or at least watched TV during that time) will agree that Peg Bundy from "Married with Children" was way ahead of her time when it comes to fashion. After all, she was tapping into the leopard print trend that's been billed as a top must-have look this season way before Christian Louboutin was making ankle booties with this wild pattern and signature red soles.


Yes, it seems the world of fashion just can't get enough of this animal print lately. And it's everywhere:


Whitney Port, Alexa Chung, Ashley Olsen

Unfortunately, this is one of those trends that I look at and have a hard time understanding why it's a trend in the first place. Are there cute ways to wear leopard print? Yes. Should you wear skin-tight leopard leggings? I'm not so sure.

While I love following fashion, I try not to consider myself a slave to it. So no, you won't catch me wearing anything that resembles a wild animal anytime soon. I'd also be willing to predict that, like many other fads, this will be one thing we look at in just a few short years and wonder...why?

What do you think? Am I dead wrong or dead on?

-Alison

Photo credits: Neimanmarcus.com, Google Images.

1 comment:

  1. haha, i would say in very small amounts like an accessory, but i would definitely wear that Alexa Chung coat!!

    ReplyDelete

newer older home