home  about outfits contact shop my instagram
 fb twitter pin ig tumblr

nav menu

August 15, 2011

Fall Five: Blazers

I'm not interested in elbowing out summer before its time, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a serious thing for fall. Pumpkin picking, apple cider, wine tasting, the colors and, obviously, the fashion! It would definitely be my favorite season...if winter weren't in line behind it.

Nonetheless, this week I wanted to share the top five things I'm looking forward to once the weather dips into the cooler temperature. On tap for today: blazers.

Over the past few years, blazers have replaced many pieces in my wardrobe to give my style a more sophisticated and updated look. I think having one in each basic color - black, navy blue, white, and gray - is essential. And this season, stocking up on more unique colors like jewel tones, rustic hues and neutrals will really take your cold weather wardrobe to the next level.

Here are some of my faves:







A blazer with a unique lining gets serious bonus points. I always wear mine with the sleeves rolled and love when the color of the lining is something unexpected - like the H&M blazer above with the baby pink.

Stay tuned tomorrow and the rest of the week for the rest of my top five. And don't forget to share your comments!

-Alison
Follow me on Twitter! @Allycog

Photo credits: Forever21.com, Bloomingdales.com, NeimanMarcus.com, H&M.com, ASOS.com.

3 comments:

  1. Kinda lovin' that wine colored blazer from Forever 21. I've been hunting for the perfect colored blazers for a few weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How do you keep from looking to bulky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fashion challenged - Great question! I think the key is to find a blazer that fits you perfectly. I prefer the ones that are more sharply tailored rather than the "boyfriend" style which don't have as much shape. I'd suggest one that is tailored at the waist and follows your natural curves. I'd also look for one that's longer rather than cropped and that has more defined shoulders. What you wear it with is key, too. A great blazer really balances out a mini skirt and flowy top or a sheath dress. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

newer older home